Raising Awareness Through Education
PFLAG Peachtree City strives to raise awareness about the discrimination, oppression, and bullying that LGBTQ people experience at their jobs and in schools, churches, and in our world.
Toward that end, we cater education and training specifically for your company or organization’s needs. Our board members use their professional experience in human resources, marketing, education, counseling, and management to design training and outreach opportunities that enable your company or organization to be more LGBTQ friendly and aware.
Additionally, we have members with experience in corporate employee resource groups that assist in diversity and inclusion efforts.
Past community and corporate education/outreach efforts by PFLAG Peachtree City have included:
1) LGBTQ panels where each person tells their personal “coming out” story with plenty of time to answer audience questions.
2) Speakers to address LGBTQ topics.
3) Training to help your management team or corporate environment be more transgender welcoming and make it easier for an employee to transition at work.
4) Staffed display tables for resource fairs or other events.
5) Staff development training for library employees.
6) Participation in inclusive story times at libraries.
Part of PFLAG Peachtree City's mission is to help members of our local LGBTQUIA+ community feel embraced, cared for, and respected. A way that we do that is by offering the Helping Hands Fund - a financial support fund specifically created to help members of our community in need. Click the button below to learn more and apply.
Please fill out the form to contact us about your organization's needs.
Because PFLAG Peachtree City is an all-volunteer 501(c) 3 non-profit, we must take time off from our paying jobs for advocacy work. Therefore, please give us plenty of lead time before your desired event date.
See what your local PFLAG chapter has accomplished!